We offer the following services:
- Information & Referral services
- Peer Counseling/Peer Support
- Disability Awareness & Sensitivity training
- Independent Living Skills Training on various topics including basic computer skills and budgeting & money management
- Advocacy Assistance and Training
- Home by Choice – Nursing home to community living relocation assistance
- Youth Outreach and Transition Assistance
- Weekly Group Adjustment to Disability Training Sessions
- Training on and Technical assistance in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Advice and Training on the removal of architectural and attitudinal barriers that people with disabilities encounter
- Community education on disability-related topics
- Social/Recreational activities
- Weekly Advocacy Group Meetings
- Assistive Equipment/Technology Loan Program – manual, power and scooter-type wheelchairs
- Free Durable Medical Equipment when available – canes, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, and bedside commodes
- Employment Assistance – dressing for success, resume writing assistance, job search skills training, & job placement assistance
- Information on accessible, affordable and safe housing options
- DART Reduced Fare Pass letters for people with disabilities
Jennifer Stonemeier – Executive Director
Responsible for the overall administration of the REACH organization, including its four projects, the REACH Resource Centers on Independent Living in Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano.
Miaka Brown – Assistant Director/Records Manager
To assist with the day-to-day operation of the Dallas center and maintain the active and closed consumer service records and databases for the center and provide oversight of proper case management and reporting by staff. Also coordinates the center’s equipment loan and durable medical equipment and supplies distribution programs.
Position Vacant – Employment Consultant
Responsible for employment assistance, including job skills training, job search, job development, advocacy, placement and ADA technical assistance.
Mavis Ravin – Community Living/Relocation Specialist
Responsible for assisting interested nursing home residents prepare for and move into the community and coordinate independent living skills training sessions for consumers.
Position Vacant – Independent Living Specialist
Responsible for assisting with individual and systems advocacy efforts, network/liaison with other organizations, conduct outreach activities, coordinate independent living skills training to include computer and software training and maintaining the adaptive computer lab at the center. Also provide ADA and disability awareness/sensitivity training services.
Brenda Yanez –Disability Services Specialist
Responsible for assisting youth with disabilities transition from high school to adult life by providing advocacy assistance, skills training workshops, peer support, social recreational group activities and the annual youth summer camp session. Coordinate skills training sessions for adult consumers as well as advocate for and provide information on local affordable, accessible and safe housing options for individuals with disabilities.
Position Vacant – Administrative Assistant
Responsible for providing administrative support and clerical assistance to the Executive Director and other employees as needed/requested, coordinates the DART reduced fair program, the Adjustment to Disability/Independence & Beyond group training sessions and provides Spanish interpreter and translation services as needed.