We offer the following services:
- Information & Referral services
- Peer Counseling/Peer Support
- Disability Awareness & Sensitivity training
- Independent Living Skills Training on various topics including basic computer skills and budgeting & money management
- Advocacy Assistance and Training
- Home by Choice – Nursing home to community living relocation assistance
- Youth Outreach and Transition Assistance
- Weekly Group Adjustment to Disability Training Sessions
- Training on and Technical assistance in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Advice and Training on the removal of architectural and attitudinal barriers that people with disabilities encounter
- Community education on disability-related topics
- Social/Recreational activities
- Weekly Advocacy Group Meetings
- Assistive Equipment/Technology Loan Program – manual, power and scooter-type wheelchairs
- Free Durable Medical Equipment when available – canes, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, and bedside commodes
- Employment Assistance – dressing for success, resume writing assistance, job search skills training, & job placement assistance
- Information on accessible, affordable and safe housing options
- DART Reduced Fare Pass letters for people with disabilities
Charlotte A. Stewart – Executive Director
Responsible for the overall administration of the REACH organization, including its four projects, the REACH Resource Centers on Independent Living in Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano.
Kevan Johnson – Employment Consultant
Responsible for employment assistance, including job skills training, job search, job development, advocacy, placement and ADA technical assistance.
Responsible for miscellaneous clerical duties, act as primary person responsible for answering center calls, provide information and referral services, greet visitors to the center, provide disability accommodation to fellow staff when needed, coordinate scheduling of monthly and quarterly staff meetings and provide Spanish interpretation/translation services when needed.
Miaka Brown – Information & Referral Specialist
Responsible for handling information and referral requests, answering the telephone, filing, maintaining the active and closed consumer service records and database for the center. Also coordination of the loaner equipment program.
– Youth Transition & Housing Information Specialist
Responsible for assisting youth with disabilities transition from high school to adult life and providing information on local affordable, accessible and safe housing options for people with disabilities.
Mavis Ravin – Community Living/Relocation Specialist
Responsible for assisting interested nursing home residents prepare for and move into the community and coordinate independent living skills training sessions for consumers.
Brenda Yanez – Administrative Assistant
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director.
Harvey Spears – Independent Living Specialist
Responsible for assisting with individual and systems advocacy efforts, network/liaison with other organizations, conduct outreach activities, and coordinate independent living skills training.