Do you qualify for a DART Reduced Fare Pass based on disability?
You must attach proof of one of the following disabilities. (Dr.’s letter which specifies the nature of your disability on Dr.’s letterhead & signed by a doctor or a hospital diagnosis,; the diagnosis must be written out not just a number). Please check the diagnosis which applies to you and attach the documentation.
Qualified disabilities are as follows:
- Certified legally blind (Those who are legally blind, whose visual acuity in the better eye, after correction, is 20/200 or worse or visual field is contracted.)
- Certified deaf or profound hard of hearing (Total deafness, persons whose hearing loss is 70 dba or greater in the 1000 and 2000 Hz ranges.)
- Certified to be Non-ambulatory (Manual Wheelchair, Sport Wheelchair, Power Wheelchair)
- Certified to be semi-ambulatory - uses mechanical aid (Cane, Crutches, Walker, Leg Brace)
- Physical disability (Hemo-dialysis, Heart Disease, Portable Oxygen, Portable Respiratory Unit, Amputation of an extremity)
- Certified for at least 50% VA disability (Service Connected)
- Certified for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI, SSI, Award Letter)
- Certified as intellectual disability / intellectually disabled (Intellectual Disability)
- Certified as having a seizure disorder (Seizure Disorder)
- Certified as having a Mental Illness (Schizophrenia, PTSD, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder)In addition DART requires that we have a copy of the following documents.
In addition DART requires that we have a copy of the following documents. Please check which items you have attached.
(Note: all lines below must be checked to obtain an id)
__ Picture I.D. either Driver’s license or Texas State picture I.D. card.
__ Copy of SSDI card or entitlement letter or if under age 65, a Dr.’s Letter/Medical record signed by a doctor verifying the specific disability that was checked.
Please check which items you have attached.
**A Medicaid Card does not qualify anyone for this disability based DART reduced fare pass.**
Make an appointment with Janie Peachee @ 214-630-4796 or the DART authorized clerk in our Plano center 972-398-1111.
Once you bring these documents to
REACH of Dallas, 8625 King George Dr. Suite 210, Dallas, TX 75235, (no faxed I.D. allowed) we can print you a form 1000.
or REACH of Plano 720 E. Park Blvd. Ste. 104, Plano, TX 75074-8844
Take the form 1000 along with $2.00 to the DART Store downtown at 1401 Pacific (Akard Station).
Photo IDs are made at the DART Store weekdays between 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. only.
* If you purchase a pass with a Lone Star (SNAP) card you automatically pay half price.
If you are over 65 you may obtain your Reduced Fare Pass directly from DART. Bring proof of age such as a Driver's License, birth certificate, passport, Texas Department of Public Safety photo ID, or other substantiating documentation. Pay a $2 fee to cover the cost of the photo. A DART Store agent will take your picture and create your DART Senior Citizen Photo ID card.