720 E. Park Blvd. Suite 104, Plano, TX 75074-8844
972-398-1111 Fax: 972-398-9649
We offer the following services:
- Peer Support Group Classes (PDF)
- Information & Referral Services
- Peer Counseling/Peer Support
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Advocacy Assistance and Training
- Home by choice - nursing home to community living relocation assistance
- Technical assistance and training in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Advice and Training on the removal of architectural and attitudinal barriers that People with Disabilities encounter
- Community Education on Disability-Related Topics
- Social/Recreational Activities
- Assistive Equipment Loan of Manual Wheelchairs
- Computer technology lab with internet access and printers
View Our Complete Service Booklet here.
Charlotte A. Stewart
Responsible for the overall administration of the REACH organization, including its four projects, the REACH Resource Centers on Independent Living in Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano.
Assistant Director / IL Skills Training Specialist
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the REACH of Plano center. Also responsible for providing peer counseling and independent living skills training and outreach to youth with disabilities.
Community Living & Youth Transition Specialist
Responsible for conducting public relations activities to educate the community about the center’s services and activities, assisting consumers with individual and systems advocacy efforts, and coordinating the center’s youth transition and professional counseling/training programs.
Responsible for providing general clerical assistance and support to the center’s employees.
Responsible for handling secretarial and clerical duties including telephone answering, filing, data entry, inventory, maintaining computerized database of consumer information and office equipment. Also coordination of the loaner equipment and DART Reduced Bus Fare programs.
Community Living/Relocation Specialist.
Coordination of People with Disabilities Transitions from Nursing home to Community Living. Management of the Home By Choice program in Collin County.