|Click map to get driving directions.|
|Address & Hours|
We offer the following services:
- Information & Referral Services
- Peer Counseling
- Skills training on topics such as menu planning, accessing public transportation, time management, budgeting and assertiveness
- Advocacy Assistance and Training
- Technical assistance and training in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Advice and training on the removal of architectural and attitudinal barriers that people with disabilities encounter
- Loaner Adaptive Technology/Equipment such as manual and electric wheelchairs, visual aids and walkers (as available)
- Training to become a peer counselor
- Social/Recreational activities
- Adjustment to disability training group sessions
- Community education on disability related topics
- Weekly support groups
- Computer Lab
REACH of Denton and The Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services-Division for Blind Services offer training for people who are blind or visually impaired.
Services may include:
- Training techniques with low vision aids
- Peer counseling & support groups
- Application assistance with low vision programs
- Mobility training & community resources
- Equipment loaner program including: magnifiers, large button phones, CCTV reading machines, and talking items (as available)
For more information contact: MISSY DICKENSON at 940-383-1062
View Our Complete Service Booklet here.
Charlotte A. Stewart
Responsible for the overall administration of the REACH organization, including its four projects, the REACH Resource Centers on Independent Living in Fort Worth, Dallas, Denton and Plano.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the REACH of Denton center as well as coordinating the DBS ILS program, peer counseling, independent living skills training, advocacy assistance, outreach and public education and information and referral. Also assisting consumers living in institutions with the move to community living.
IL Skills Training & ADA Specialist
Responsible for providing peer counseling, independent living skills training, advocacy assistance, outreach and public relations, and information and referral. Also assisting consumers living in institutions with the move to community living.
Responsible for handling secretarial and clerical duties including telephone answering, filing, data entry, inventory, maintaining computerized database of consumer's information and office equipment maintenance.
Part-Time Youth Outreach Specialist
Responsible for handling Youth Transition Outreach for ages 14-23, which includes coordinating the center’s youth transition independent living training programs.