Non-Complex Population Quarantine Program in Response to COVID-19
Funded Through: CARES Act
The program is aimed at providing temporary housing for noncomplex persons diagnosed with COVID-19 needing to quarantine for fourteen 14 to 21 days and unable to return home due to situations (such as an immunocompromised relative, elderly parents, etc.). Referral applications to the program may be submitted by healthcare providers who are physicians, NP, PA, RN and/or social workers from area hospitals, ER’s and/or private physicians’ office. The program is available to individuals residing in Dallas County outside City of Dallas ONLY.
- DCHHS will be accepting completed applications based on availability.
- The referral application form – found below – is available in English and Spanish.
- Completed referral applications may be submitted via FAX to (214) 951-1030 OR through secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP), by request.
- For questions, please contact us at (214) 819-5143.
- Temporary housing at the hotel will be for no more than a twenty one (21) day period, as recommended by a healthcare provider or associated social worker.
- During the hotel stay the referred individual will be provided three (3) meals a day and basic amenities.
- During the hotel stay the referred individual will need to sign a Program Participant Responsibility Agreement form and adhere to the guest responsibilities requirements.
- Basic onsite support to address emergencies will be available.
- Eligibility criteria and non-complex conditions – found below – must be met for program participation*
* Please note submission of a referral application does not guarantee eligibility or an offer of assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Healthcare Providers and/or Social Workers may refer individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Individuals just diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Individuals residing in Dallas County outside City of Dallas;
- Individuals with non-complex medical/social conditions – see detailed conditions below; and
- Individuals living in home that:
- Does not provide for reasonable accommodation for maintaining safe distance from other household members; and/or
- Consists of shared bedrooms / bathrooms; and/or
- Consists of vulnerable / immunocompromised member.
Non-complex conditional criteria which must be met:
- must be ambulatory;
- do not require any durable medical equipment, such as a ventilator or in-person personal care and/or medical attention on a 24/7 basis;
- do not have a chronic condition requiring constant medical attention;
- not on prescription medications that are not self-administered;
- do not have behavioral health conditions;
- are not drug users;
- are not currently homeless.
Healthcare providers or social workers that have patients with COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms who are interested in staying in a hotel may submit a completed referral application – found below – via FAX to (214) 951-1030 OR through secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP), by request. For questions, please contact us at (214) 819-5143. Patients that meet the eligibility criteria may be considered to be on-boarded for the stay at the hotel strictly based upon availability of rooms.