|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 30, 2020
Contact Andrea Hawkins | Andrea.Hawkins@dallascityhall.com
Dallas will reopen golf courses, tennis facilities and resume some outdoor activities with usage restrictions
(DALLAS) – City of Dallas golf courses, tennis facilities, Elm Fork range and some outdoor fee-based programs will resume public operations with specific facility and usage restrictions on May 1.
Dallas Park and Recreation operates six 18-hole golf courses, five full-service tennis centers and the Elm Fork Range. Fee-based recreational activities take place at parks located throughout The department’s phased approach to reopening select recreational facilities extends to tennis courts located in city parks in which only singles play will be allowed.
Facilities and outdoor programs set to reopen will adhere to strict physical distancing as well as safe, sanitary protocols. Operating restrictions for these areas may be found at DallasParks.org.
See below for usage restrictions:
• Allow only one golfer per cart unless the other rider is a child aged 10 or under
• Restrict tee time reservations to online or by phone only – no walkups
• Restrict tee times to group sizes of foursomes (four players at a time) only
• Restrict access to the pro shops to pro shop staff only and no more than four customers at a time
• Golf pros will clean and sanitize carts after each rental and before being checked out
• Restrict access to the pro shop to no more than two players at a time
• Pros will clean and sanitize rental equipment between users
Elm Fork Gun Range
• Place 6’ markings for points where lines form
• Open only every other shooting lane for rental – providing for greater than 6’ of distancing
• Remove group seating areas
• Allow for call-in food orders only
Outdoor Programs (e.g. Fitness Camps)
• Provide a minimum of 12′ between participants with clearly identified workout locations
• Ensure equipment is wiped down and sanitized after each user and before issuing to the next participant