Resource Centers on Independent Living
Job Announcement & Description
To: REACH Colleagues, Supporters, & Potential Job Applicants
From: Charlotte A. Stewart, Executive Director
Needed: A Records Manager at the REACH of Plano Resource Center on Independent Living.
Please see the included job description for a detailed list of job responsibilities and required knowledge, experience, and skills for this permanent, in-person, full time position. Salary: $30,000 year, 40 hrs. per week, with employer paid health, life & long term disability insurance. No travel required in the execution of duties.
Interested and qualified job applicants who possess the knowledge, experience, and skills listed on the job description should submit a current resume with a cover letter explaining in detail the knowledge, experience and skills they have to be successful in doing this job. Cover letters and resumes must be received by 5:00PM on Monday, November 9th. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted via e-mail to REACH of Plano Assistant Director Julie Espinoza.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Type the word RESUME on the subject line.
No Phone Calls Please.
The following COVID-19 safety precautions are in place at each of the four REACH centers: face masks must be worn by all employees, consumers and visitors; the temperature of each employee, consumer and visitor will be taken at each office’s entrance door using an infrared, no contact forehead thermometer; hand sanitizer dispensers are displayed in multiple areas in each center; daily cleanings are done of frequently touched surfaces; frequent hand washing is recommended while at each center; plexiglass sneeze guards are in place where needed and can be repositioned as needed; and vinyl gloves are available when needed.
REACH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals and veterans with disabilities who have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants that are fluent in English and Spanish and have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply.
REACH of Plano Resource Center on Independent Living
To provide telephone and clerical support for the center and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Open and distribute incoming mail and post outgoing mail
2. Set-up and maintain appropriate office files
3. Copy and collate materials as requested/needed
4. Type letters, address labels, etc. as needed/requested
5. Maintain in-house area of resource material; i.e., brochures, newsletters, pamphlets, flyers
6. Maintain equipment inventory and coordinate repairs and/or replacement of same as needed
7. Fax materials as requested/needed
8. Handle word processing tasks as requested/needed
9. Maintain office supplies and coordinate purchasing of same
10. Set-up and maintain Consumer Service Record (CSRs) folders
11. Assist with the input of information in the computerized database of active and closed CSRs
12. Participate in a monthly staffing meeting to review the status of active CSRs and close CSRs as
13. Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual demographic and service figure
14. Act as the main phone answerer, message taker, and greeter for the center
15. Assist in handling requests for information & referral
16. Monitor the center’s main e-mail mailbox, handle routine inquiries and distribute messages to
other employees as appropriate
17. Tally the numbers on the copier and postage logs on a monthly basis
18. Organize and maintain the center’s storage rooms
19. Record the receipt of any checks and/or cash in the log book
20. Coordinate the equipment loan and DART Reduced Bus Fare programs
SKILLS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
l. 2-3+ years of secretarial, clerical, and/or receptionist experience
2. Proficiency in working on a computer and using Microsoft Office software
3. Ability to work with minimal daily supervision
4. Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and in a pleasant manner with a wide variety
of people, in person, on the telephone, via e-mail, and in writing
5. Sign language skills helpful
6. Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
7. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
REACH of Fort Worth 1000 Macon St., Suite 200, Fort Worth, TX 76102-4501 (817) 870-9082 Voice (817) 877-1622 Fax
REACH of Dallas 8625 King George, Suite 210, Dallas, TX 75235-2275 (214) 630-4796 Voice (214) 630-6390 Fax
REACH of Denton 405 S. Elm Street, Suite 202, Denton, TX 76201-6066 (940) 383-1062 Voice (940) 383-2742 Fax
REACH of Plano 720 E. Park Blvd., Suite 104, Plano, TX 75074-8844 (972) 398-1111 Voice (972) 398-9649 Fax
Records Manager - Plano
SKILLS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Continued)
8. Ability to record and compute accurate figures
9. Experience in composing letters and developing forms
10. Detail oriented
11. Willing to take initiative when needed
12. Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently and effectively
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
2. Ability to operate various office machines including a fax, computer, and postage meter
3. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
4. Ability to handle work interruptions in a calm and professional manner
5. Ability to handle file folders and file material in the folders
6. Ability to work on the telephone for long periods of time
7. Ability to do repetitive tasks such as labeling, folding, copying, stapling, etc. for extended periods
of time on occasion
The Records Manager will report to the REACH of Plano Assistant Director and REACH’s Executive Director.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, however some periodic adjustment to routine hours may
occur, but will not go over 40 hours per week.
COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS: REACH maintains a policy of compliance with the
employment requirements of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities
Act. REACH provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities.
REACH is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring employees that reflect
the diversity of the North Texas community.
Employee’s Signature & Date
REACH REV 1/20