To: REACH Colleagues, Supporters, & Potential Job Applicants
From: Charlotte A. Stewart, Executive Director
Needed: A part-time Receptionist at the REACH of Dallas Resource Center on Independent Living.
Please see the included job description for a detailed list of job responsibilities and required knowledge, experience, and skills for this part-time position. Salary: $15.00 an hr., 25 hrs. per week.
Interested and qualified job applicants who possess the knowledge, experience, and skills listed on the job description should submit a current resume with a cover letter explaining in detail the knowledge, experience and skills they have to be successful in doing this job. Cover letters and resumes must be received by 5:00PM on Friday, February 14. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted via e-mail to REACH of Dallas Assistant Director Pamela Momon.
Email - email@example.com
Type the word RESUME on the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
REACH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals and veterans with disabilities who have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants that are bilingual in English and Spanish and have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply.
REACH OF DALLAS RESOURCE CENTER ON INDEPENDENT LIVING
To provide clerical support to the center’s employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as the primary employee responsible for answering the center’s 5 telephone lines
- Respond to requests for Information & Referral assistance
- Greet visitors to the center
- Copy and collate materials as needed/requested
- Shred unneeded paperwork as needed/requested
- Operate office machines such as the copier, shredder, postage meter, computer, etc.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and quarterly joint staff meetings
- Maintain front office brochure rack and update bulletin boards as needed/requested
SKILLS & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years of office skills experience/training
- Ability to file materials correctly
- Ability to type accurately on a computer
- Organizational skills
- Experience in operating various office machines
- Ability to collate materials
- Knowledge of community resources for people with disabilities
- Excellent telephone, in-person, and written communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Spanish REQUIRED
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate office machines
- Ability to operate a computer & navigate on the Internet;
- Experience with the Microsoft Office software
The Receptionist will report to the Executive and Assistant Directors.
REACH REV 1/20