Needed: A part time Office Clerk at the REACH of Dallas Resource Center on Independent Living.
Please see the included job description for a detailed list of job responsibilities and required knowledge, experience, and skills for this part time position. Salary: $15.00 an hour, 25 hours per week.
Interested and qualified job applicants that posses the knowledge, experience, and skills listed on the job description should submit a current resume with a cover letter explaining in detail the knowledge, experience and skills they have to be successful in doing this job. Cover letters and resumes must be received by 5:00PM on Monday, October 7. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted via e-mail to REACH of Dallas Assistant Director Pamela Momon.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Type the word RESUME on the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
REACH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals and veterans with disabilities who have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants that are bilingual in English and Spanish and have the required knowledge, experience, and skills are encouraged to apply.
REACH OF DALLAS RESOURCE CENTER ON INDEPENDENT LIVING
To provide clerical support to center employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Act as the primary employee responsible for answering the center’s 5 telephone lines
2. Respond to requests for information & referral
3. Greet visitors to the center
4. Copy and collate materials as requested
5. Shred unneeded paperwork as requested
6. Operate office machines such as the copier, shredder, postage meter, etc.
7. Assist co-workers with physical disabilities by pulling
and re-filing consumer service record folders
8. Participate in scheduled staff meetings and quarterly joint staff meetings
9. Maintain front office brochure rack and update bulletin boards as needed
SKILLS & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. 1-2 years of office skills experience/training
2. Ability to file materials correctly
3. Ability to type accurately on a computer
4. Organizational skills
5. Experience in operating various office machines
6. Ability to collate materials
7. Knowledge of community resources for people with disabilities
8. Excellent telephone, in-person, and written communication
9. Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Ability to sit for extended periods of time
2. Ability to operate office machines
3. Ability to operate a computer & navigate on the Internet;
4. Experience with the Microsoft Office software
The Office Clerk will report to the Executive and Assistant Directors.
REACH REV 9/19