Grants up to $10K per Household to Help Vets in Your Communities
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas, in conjunction with participating member institutions, has made available $300,000 in grant funds that can assist qualifying veterans in your community.
Housing Assistance for Veterans (HAVEN) is a unique grant program that assists veterans and service members who became disabled as a result of their military service since September 11, 2001 (9/11). Up to $10,000 per household can be used toward the modification/rehabilitation or construction of a qualifying property located anywhere in the country. Since 2011, we’ve awarded more than $375,000 in HAVEN funds, and we need your help to make an even greater impact.
- Households that contain a veteran or service member who was disabled as a result of service since September 11, 2001 (9/11), as qualified by the Veterans Administration, a branch of the U.S. military, the federal government, or other acceptable source
- Gold Star families (surviving families of a 9/11 service member) may qualify if an immediate family member died as a result of his or her military service since 9/11
- Household income must be 165 percent or less of the average median income for the area
How Can You Help
You can help us spread awareness of HAVEN to qualified service members and gold star families in your network.
- Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Funds are awarded through participating FHLB Dallas members
Melanie Dill, Community and Economic Development Product Manager, Haven,
Visit fhlb.com/haven or contact us at 214.441.8238 or toll-free at 800.362.2944, to learn more.