|The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is pleased to announce the application for the 2022 AAPD Summer Internship Program is now open! We aim to build a diverse cohort of students and recent graduates with disabilities who are interested in a 10-week paid summer internship program that focuses on building their careers, developing their leadership and advocacy skills, and engaging with the broader disability community.
What the program entails:
- Week-long orientation with AAPD staff, partners, and guest speakers
- Prestigious internship placement in Congressional offices, federal agencies, nonprofit organizations, or private companies
- 1:1 Mentorship based on intern’s personal and career interests
- Weekly leadership and advocacy classes in the Disability Advocacy Certificate Program
- Professional development and community events
- Being a part of a supportive cohort community
Eligible applicants are people who self-identify as having a disability and are a:
- Current undergraduate, graduate, law students, participants in skills-based or apprenticeship program OR
- Recent graduate (within the last 5 years)
What we cover:
- Housing (if in person) OR Technology stipend (if remote)
- Transportation to and from Washington, DC
- Internship stipend equivalent to $15 an hour
The 2022 Summer Internship program will provide both in-person internships in Washington, DC as well as fully remote internships from across the country options based on the intern’s preference.